Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pre-Finish-Blues

I bought some trim for the bathroom and bedroom closet.  I  bought the wood finish pictured here for the closet. For the bathroom I bought white with the plan of painting it with the Semi-Gloss White I have been using for all the trim. WRONG. both of these have a PRE-FINISH. They are meant to be used as is because they do not take paint well. Another lesson learned. 

Even after sanding and priming the paint would still pool in spots. I should have just junked it and started over with the right stuff, but I persisted and finally got a finish I could live with but much to my disgusts the paint does not adhere well. This is one of those that is going to come back and haunt me for sure. I doubt if it will last a year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment