Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bathroom Wiring

The Current Medicine Cabinet is a mess. The florescent lights are integrated with the cabinet and don't even work. Replacing the bulbs would probably fix that but lets face it the cabinet has to go. There is no other light in the bathroom other than the ones on the cabinet. The bathroom is also missing a ceiling Vent Fan and light. I will be adding a light above the new mirror door faced medicine cabinet and a ceiling fan/vent with a light. this will call for a three switch outlet similar to the one in the video. The house was built in the 1940's so I am pretty sure I will be dealing with the old lath plaster walls and not conventional drywall. This should be interesting. I found this YouTube video very informative. It doesn't hurt that I have a qualified electrician in the family to check my work or bail me out if I can't figure it out on my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment