Thursday, June 13, 2013

Now You See It - Now You Don't

I have been trying to figure out what was the best way to partition off the hot-water tank in the bathroom. I found my answer when I visited the Lima ReStore this last weekend.

The store was having an anniversary sale – BUY ONE GET ONE FREE - Or any second item of equal or lesser value. I found two doors that match that were brand new and were only 2 feet wide. PERFECT. They were marked $30 each. Two for the price of one sounded like a bargain to me. The only issue was they both had been bored for doorknobs.  No worries as I am sure I can cover those.

When I get to the checkout I find out that there is also a special on interior doors --- 50% OFF. So now I get TWO Doors for $15. Can’t beat that deal. I did find that I could of got the same doors without the doorknob holes from Lowes for about $20 each.  It’s still not a bad find/deal and I am very happy with my completed project.

The hardware (L Brackets, Screws and Covers) cost me about as much as the doors did. So other than paint this partition cost me about $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment